Call all Petrolhead – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Call all Petrolhead

Page 1 / 5

Ask Our Expats Consultant
Topic starter
(@bertel)

Are there automobile enthusiasts in this community, or rather, classic car enthusiasts who are looking for like-minded people. I would be very happy to meet you.

93 Replies

Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)
Trusted Member

I'm not much of a gearhead but, damn, that's a pretty automobile.

2 Replies
(@bertel)

@jordan_zimmerman do you like MG (photo MGB MK2) or British roadsters in general? 

Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)

Trusted Member

@bertel my Dad had an MG when I was a kid. I just like beautiful things in general.

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

I'll admit to being one. 

12 Replies
(@bertel)

@old-bloke That's great! Do you live in portugal? If yes, where?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@bertel

Yes, in the central area near Sertã.

(@bertel)

@old-bloke OK so you are not that far away from me. I´m in Marvão. Do you like classic cars, or sport cars?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@bertel

I can appreciate a practical car like the 2CV the same as I do a thing of beauty like a Jaguar E-type, I do have a particular fondness for sports saloons though.

(@bertel)

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@bertel They were know in the Trade has Mountain Goats because they could go anywhere.

(@bertel)

@paulr yes. I have two of them and for here the car is absolutely great.

Premium Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@bertel. For us non-petrolheads, what kind of car is this please?

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@jeanne Renault ,4/4L

Premium Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@paulr. Thanks.  I Remember the Renault 5, but not the 4.  I like those vintage cars but as I cannot do the maintenance myself I will have to just admire them from afar.

(@bertel)

@jeanne this cars are very simple build. There are no complicated maintenance works to do. I´m sure that I can teach you this easy works, so you can run a vintage car like this.

Premium Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@bertel. Well I may just take you up on that, once I get to Portugal. Thx.

Topic starter
(@bertel)

Premium Member
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

In 1969 I bought a new E type convertible for £2069 00 image what is worth now

6 Replies
(@bertel)

@paulr it´s a grate car and beautiful. I would love to have one.

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@bertel I kept the 4.2 MK 11E Type  for six months then swapped for an Aston Martin DB5 same as the bond one. Sold that at the time in 1969 for £20.000 . Thought I was doing well. The car today is worth £800,000 Plus .Amazing how things change.

(@bertel)

@paulr DB5 my dream car.  I would bay it for that amount, intimidate. Yes it is.  

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@bertel In the time I was in the Motor Trade I owned most cars in excess of 5000 cars in 45 years. If I had kept some of them , What is now Classics , I would have been very wealthy.However you buy to sell and never get emotional about them. I can remember going to a showroom and they were selling Ferrari Dinos at £6000 brand new!! Loads of Porsches 911 Turbo 911 standard Jensons Intercepter FF  too many to mention One car stands out A Audi quattro SWB rally car that was special. Sadly now I do not have a lot of interest in cars. Got the T  Shirt so not bothered what I drive.

By the way I also do Photography for the same time  I did commercial photography and finished up using PhaseOne IQ3  100mp Digital Medium Format Cameras. Using Schneider Lenses.

Regards Paul

(@bertel)

@paulr Phase One was the reason that I left photography. I was forced to change my studio to keep competitive, so I decided to restore cars after that.

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@bertel I worked with P1 in the Uk demonstrating their cameras to companies and camera clubs explaining the difference between 35mm and DMF Dynamic range,16 bit colour and resolution . It was to help to share these type of cameras with photographers who would normally not have seen them. I think Fuji are changing DMF due to their prices. P1 seem to be in their own little world . and this could be to their cost. The average price of a IQ4 150 is about £35,000 just for the back plus £6000 for the body and then you start with Blue ring lenses !!!Crazy prices. I have a IQ3 100 and about 9 Schneider lenses. At the moment with CV-19 all photography is stopped. When I go out I use my phone, cannot believe the quality it gets , however this is on the small screen .

Page 1 / 5

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online