Call all Petrolhead – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Call all Petrolhead

Page 1 / 4

Ask Our Expats Consultant
Topic starter
(@bertel)

Are there automobile enthusiasts in this community, or rather, classic car enthusiasts who are looking for like-minded people. I would be very happy to meet you.

86 Replies

Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)
Trusted Member

I'm not much of a gearhead but, damn, that's a pretty automobile.

2 Replies
(@bertel)

@jordan_zimmerman do you like MG (photo MGB MK2) or British roadsters in general? 

Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)

Trusted Member

@bertel my Dad had an MG when I was a kid. I just like beautiful things in general.

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

I'll admit to being one. 

12 Replies
(@bertel)

@old-bloke That's great! Do you live in portugal? If yes, where?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@bertel

Yes, in the central area near Sertã.

(@bertel)

@old-bloke OK so you are not that far away from me. I´m in Marvão. Do you like classic cars, or sport cars?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@bertel

I can appreciate a practical car like the 2CV the same as I do a thing of beauty like a Jaguar E-type, I do have a particular fondness for sports saloons though.

(@bertel)

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@bertel They were know in the Trade has Mountain Goats because they could go anywhere.

(@bertel)

@paulr yes. I have two of them and for here the car is absolutely great.

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Trusted Member

@bertel. For us non-petrolheads, what kind of car is this please?

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@jeanne Renault ,4/4L

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Trusted Member

@paulr. Thanks.  I Remember the Renault 5, but not the 4.  I like those vintage cars but as I cannot do the maintenance myself I will have to just admire them from afar.

(@bertel)

@jeanne this cars are very simple build. There are no complicated maintenance works to do. I´m sure that I can teach you this easy works, so you can run a vintage car like this.

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Trusted Member

@bertel. Well I may just take you up on that, once I get to Portugal. Thx.

Topic starter
(@bertel)

If you lave to drive, Here it´s the place to go. Excellent roads and a lot too see. 

Premium Member
(@paulr)
Trusted Member

In 1969 I bought a new E type convertible for £2069 00 image what is worth now

6 Replies
(@bertel)

@paulr it´s a grate car and beautiful. I would love to have one.

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@bertel I kept the 4.2 MK 11E Type  for six months then swapped for an Aston Martin DB5 same as the bond one. Sold that at the time in 1969 for £20.000 . Thought I was doing well. The car today is worth £800,000 Plus .Amazing how things change.

(@bertel)

@paulr DB5 my dream car.  I would bay it for that amount, intimidate. Yes it is.  

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@bertel In the time I was in the Motor Trade I owned most cars in excess of 5000 cars in 45 years. If I had kept some of them , What is now Classics , I would have been very wealthy.However you buy to sell and never get emotional about them. I can remember going to a showroom and they were selling Ferrari Dinos at £6000 brand new!! Loads of Porsches 911 Turbo 911 standard Jensons Intercepter FF  too many to mention One car stands out A Audi quattro SWB rally car that was special. Sadly now I do not have a lot of interest in cars. Got the T  Shirt so not bothered what I drive.

By the way I also do Photography for the same time  I did commercial photography and finished up using PhaseOne IQ3  100mp Digital Medium Format Cameras. Using Schneider Lenses.

Regards Paul

(@bertel)

@paulr Phase One was the reason that I left photography. I was forced to change my studio to keep competitive, so I decided to restore cars after that.

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@bertel I worked with P1 in the Uk demonstrating their cameras to companies and camera clubs explaining the difference between 35mm and DMF Dynamic range,16 bit colour and resolution . It was to help to share these type of cameras with photographers who would normally not have seen them. I think Fuji are changing DMF due to their prices. P1 seem to be in their own little world . and this could be to their cost. The average price of a IQ4 150 is about £35,000 just for the back plus £6000 for the body and then you start with Blue ring lenses !!!Crazy prices. I have a IQ3 100 and about 9 Schneider lenses. At the moment with CV-19 all photography is stopped. When I go out I use my phone, cannot believe the quality it gets , however this is on the small screen .

Page 1 / 4

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online