Call all Petrolhead - Page 5 – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Call all Petrolhead

Page 5 / 5

Ask Our Expats Consultant
Topic starter
(@bertel)

Are there automobile enthusiasts in this community, or rather, classic car enthusiasts who are looking for like-minded people. I would be very happy to meet you.

100 Replies

Admin
(@sally-in-lisbon)
Eminent Member

Hi there petrolheads,

Sally from the Expats Portugal team here.

There is an event coming up all about motoring in Portugal

https://expatsportugal.com/event/12082021/

Thought some of you here might like to know 😊 

1 Reply
(@bertel)

@sally-in-lisbon Will be there! Thank´s.

Premium Member
(@pipfinder)
Eminent Member

Anyone interested in Classic car racing the world famous Goodwood Revival live stream is on now and until Sunday @ 

enjoy

2 Replies
(@bertel)

@pipfinder sorry but I cant see the video.

Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Eminent Member

@bertel its the same stream I sent you on WhattsApp

Topic starter
(@bertel)

Thank´s but the video is private. It opens Youtube but then it says "This Video is private. 

Community Member
(@daveinva)

Hi Everyone! I've been into classic cars since I was a teenager. I've owned a lot of classics over the years but due to financial problems in recent years all I have now is a lowly 1997 SAAB 900S convertible. I have to admit its been very reliable unlike my previous car, a JAG XK8 which enjoyed rollback rides more than it should. 

Here are a few classics I've owned over the years.

1 Reply
(@bertel)

@daveinva Great collection. Congratulations. I also have a Maserati Biturbo 420 SI. I find this car very beautiful, but unfortunately this car is anything but maintenance friendly (so expensive) and unfortunately a vulnerable electrical system. My cars all have a name and this car is called "Prima Dona". 🙂

i5q
Community Member
(@i5q)

I use to be a VAG and JLR tech in the UK. I did plan to do track days around Europe. If I can get hold of e fuel and a dyno? I have three cars Mk2 Golf, Mk2 Scirocco and B3 Audi coupe Quattro 7a motor, but that one is still in the UK.  

5 Replies
Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Eminent Member

@i5q I used to be an area manager for Alfa Romeo and Diahatsu in the UK so a fellow Motor Trade worker, if you are passing Ericeira call in and we can talk cars and I can tell you about track days here.

i5q
Community Member
(@i5q)

@pipfinder Thank you for the offer, Next year I might head to the coast. I haven't done any trackdays yet since I been in Portugal but in the UK I use to live 30min from Donington Park, then I moved to Surrey Goodwood, Brooklands Brands etc. I'm looking forward to the chat.

Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Eminent Member

@i5q I have also done track days at Donington Brands and Goodwood as well as raced at the former two. I will chat cars anytime all the best.

Colin Ross-Jones

(@bertel)

@i5q Hello, I am also one of those who would like to organize an interesting vintage car tour with a few sporty interludes. Since I see that you are in Castel Branco, I would like to invite you to visit me. I am in Marvao, near Portalegre. An hour drive, which is very nice. But maybe I'll just drop by so we can meet in person. This offer is of course also for Colin.

i5q
Community Member
(@i5q)

@bertel Hello I would be very interested in meeting up with people. Maybe next year spring. Thank you.

Page 5 / 5

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online