Car Hire – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Car Hire  

Community Member
(@njh23)

Hi

Can anyone recommend which car hire company I should use from Lisbon airport to drive down to Algarve?

Thanks

3 Replies

VIP Member
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi,

When I was travelling from the UK to Portugal ans needed to hire a car I used Zest Car Rental  https://www.zestcarrental.com   They are an agency which uses a variety of actual rental firms at each airport. I never had any problems with any cars I hired through them, and never had any issues with extra fees/charges after the hire.

As to the actual care hire firm, if I remember correctly, I have used both RentAuto and Centauro, which are still listed as options for Lisbon airport.

Steve

1 Reply
Community Member
(@njh23)

@stevej Thanks Steve

Community Member
(@cabanastavira)

We have used Zest for a number of years and can recommend them without reservation. As said above they are a broker. Charges are transparent, customer service excellent. We regularly 'test the market' but always revert to Zest: especially competitive if there are additional drivers for which there are, in our experience, no additional charges.

UKTV Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online