Electric Cars in Portugal – Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Electric Cars in Po...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Electric Cars in Portugal  

Admin
(@gerry)
Estimable Member

Has anyone taken the brave step of acquiring an electric car in Portugal. Be very interesting to know your experience on cost, ease of recharging and range available.

I would like to make the switch but concerned about the range available (range anxiety 🤒), the accessibility of charging points and the time needed to recharge when away from home. Also, very hard to find any information on the real cost to recharge from home and from a charging point.

Another option is a hybrid and again, it would be very interesting to know real life experience in Portugal with such cars.

My current car is a 2 litre diesel with a range of 1,030 km on a full tank and I estimate the fuel cost to be €0.082 per km. Plus when I need more fuel, it is readily available and a 10 minute job to fill up. 

I imagine I will need to make a lot of compromises to be greener!

Regards

Gerry

1 Reply
Admin
(@astridff)

Follow this topic. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online