Importing a car and DAV – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Importing a car and DAV

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@mark_r)

I moved to Portugal from the UK in November 2020 bringing my car with me. I started the DAV process before the end of 2020. I now have a message on the DAV part of the FinancasPortal asking, among other things, for: (a) citizens card; and (b) "HT with national homologation number".

I had already uploaded both the CRUE and also the subsequent SEF document with QR code acknowledging my application for the biometric card. I have also uploaded the category B inspection certificate.  

So I am seeking clarification:

(a) I thought the SEF document is as far as I can go until I get the biometric card. Is not the citizens card something you apply for after 5 years residency?

(b) What is HT? and is the homologation number not the same as that on the category B inspection certificate? 

Any relevant advice would be welcome. 

kind regards, Mark

FWM Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online