Matriculation !!? – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Matriculation !!?

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@govna46)

Hi All, Would any one Know the Matriculation Cost Please !?.
For a 150cc Vespa Scooter, from Spain. And Yearly road tax if Any !?.
It is a 1965 Model.

Cheers for any Replies, & Help. Brian.

5 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Brian

What a good question. Cost for a car when i Matriculated mine came to app 500€ that was everything. This included a Special MOT/ IPO test where everything on the Certificate of Conformity is checked and can take a couple of hours. However but there is no MOT/ IPO test for motorbikes so that is one cost saving.

The test can be done in a day it's not a problem i know because i did it in a day.

Tax for a scooter don't know sorry.

Peter

VIP Member
(@mikeymike)
Estimable Member

Bikes are subject to a noise test as part of the import process. Cost is around €200.
One stumbling point may be you will need a Certificate of Conformity from Vespa.
I haven't imported a bike this old so there may be exemptions.
As a rough guide: The ISV is low. On a Fazer 1000 it was just under €100. Customs fee was €45. IMTT fee was €56. IUC is €125 as it is calculated as if it was new.
This was a few years ago so things may have changed. Hopefully someone with more recent experience can help.

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@govna46)

Hi Guys, sorry for late reply, but thanks for Your Information!.

Would You Know which Dept !?, for the correct Info. Customs, IMMT, or an Agent Please !?. Cheers Brian. Thanks Peter, have Read Your Day of Matriculation !!. Thanks Mike, for Your Reply !!.

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi

If it has anything to do with importing a bike or car the place to start is the Customs. I tried the IMTT and i was sent to the Customs if you can get a phone number for the Customs i would try and call them first. I found the Customs very friendly and approachable, worth a try.

Peter

Page 1 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online