TAP flights warning - Page 2 – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

TAP flights warning

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@suegrahamellis)

Are other people experiencing similar problems with TAP flights that our friends are experiencing?
A couple of years back, TAP flights seemed to offer good value and good service.
However.....
Last year four friends came to visit in June flying Manchester - Lisbon. Their flights were cancelled at the last minute and they arrived 36 hours late, having been diverted to Heathrow, and then delayed again and again.
Unfortunately, they all decided to give TAP another chance this year.......
Two friends had their Manchester fllghts cancelled last Thursday, were rebooked onto a later flight, and arrived 14 hours late with no apology or compensation.
The other two friends have had their flights for this coming Thursday cancelled and have been told that there is no alternative available, only a refund, so have probably lost their holiday altogether.
Everyone should seriously think many times before booking with this excuse for an airline.

6 Replies
VIP Member
(@nickallport)

The inference being of course a plane with not one but two low passenger numbers equals a technical problem equals a cancelled flight.

I definitely believe this happens. I was on a TAP flight out of Heathrow last year, and the TAP flight 90 minutes before us was cancelled due to "technical problems" and everyone moved onto our (half empty) flight.

Having said that I use TAP every month Lisbon - LHR and back nearly 5 years now and I think I can recall one serious delay, which was during the snow, and high winds in Lisbon.

Thanks, Nick

VIP Member
(@joe-k)

Oh dear !
And the problems continue

http://www.oje.pt/pt/tap-cancela-37-voo ... e-e-sabado

Cancelled today 13 - Friday 11 - Saturday 13

Page 2 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal