UK => PT Driving Licence Swap – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

UK => PT Driving Licence Swap

Community Member
Topic starter
(@rocketracoon)
Eminent Member

Ola, 

I understand I have 2 years from the date on my residency certificate to swap my existing driving licence from UK to PT. 

And if I understand correctly, the UK licence is still valid until Dec 2021? (due to a recent extension that has been provided).

The problem I have is that I am still waiting on my SNS number for Portugal as there appears to be a large back log of applications + covid delays. And, in order to exchange the licence I need the doctor who performed to the medical to send the certificate via my SNS number (which I don't yet have).

I sent the other documents that are required for the licence swap and explained the situation several months ago and heard nothing, I then sent a follow up mail and heard nothing. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could speed up the licence exchange? 

1 Reply

Premium Member
(@itexpert7)
Estimable Member

We got the SNS numbers in Loule quick and easy by email within a few days.
Also the medical was done online, dronline.pt, it was easy.

The thing that got stuck is the actual IMT exchange, as they had a by email system 2 months ago. We never heard back.
But now they have a new online form for the licence exchange which seemed to have worked fine, at least got a reply. And now waiting till 31/12/21 😀

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online