What's up with TAP Air Portugal? – Cars, Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

What's up with TAP Air Portugal?

5 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@curiousredhead)

I'm in the U.S. and have tried to make flight reservations (for October 2021) using flyTAP.com. After finding an available flight, their booking engine presents a glitch when you try to enter your DOB and other information, so that you are unable to complete your booking. The same glitch also prevents you from signing up for an online account.

When you try to call their customer service number, either direct dial to Portugal or the U.S. 1-800 number, no one ever picks up. Entering your number for an agent to call you back also yields no results. 

They do list their Facebook page, Twitter, and Skype account as online contact options, which seems rather unconventional.

In sum, this certainly doesn't seem up to par with modern customer service standards. I realize that they are a nationalized airline. What's up with TAP Air Portugal?

4 Replies
Community Member
Topic starter
(@curiousredhead)

Thank you for the tips Thomas! I would have given up already and just booked with another airline but I have COVID vouchers from them that I'd like to use. Anyhow, hope to have good news to report on my efforts sometime soon.

1 Reply
 Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)

@curiousredhead Dear Curious Redhead. I am also a US resident and actually have only ever had wonderful service from them. The direct flight from SFO to Lisbon is great. I too have had to change tickets and most recently they just suspended my ticket until PT opens up again. They do in fact answer their phones  and I have had the most success calling at 5am, 1pm and 10 pm pacific time.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@curiousredhead)

Hi Thomas, Bert,

Wanted to close the loop and let you know that I was finally able to reach TAP by phone from the U.S. It took multiple tries and several transfers and disconnections, but I was able to use my voucher to secure a roundtrip flight for October. 

Happy dance!

Gina

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)

I think I waited maybe an hour after having to be switched due to the nature of my rebooking with vouchers, credits etc. No problem. I still contend when booking with them from the US time of day calling makes a huge difference. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal