Guia de Transporte - Page 2 – Transport & Getting Around – Expats Portugal Forum

Welcome to the Expats Portugal forum!

Since 2005, this forum has had over 6,000 people sign up and take part in our community.

It is a place for people who want to move to Portugal and for those already living here to meet and share knowledge through our community.

With the recent revamp of the site, we have chosen to keep the forum on the website rather than create a social media group as we know there are people concerned about privacy and who owns their data. Plus there is a wealth of information from the years gone by that we did not want to lose.

But this forum is nothing without your input. So come on in, take a look around, ask questions and answer a few.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please head over to the My Account section and reset your password today.

Notifications

Guia de Transporte  

Page 2 / 5

Graham O
(@graham-o)
Eminent Member

Hello,
Relatives on the Algarve, have recently had some curtains delivered and the company supplying them, had to have a Guia de Transporte which details the vans contents, the fiscal number of the recipient and the start and end times of the delivery. Can anyone explain the purpose of this and the circumstances under which one is needed please?

We are not in Portugal yet, but is it something I need to be aware of? Does it only apply to commercial deliveries or private journeys as well?

Or is there a big problem with black market curtains in Portugal?

Thanks,

Graham

22 Replies
Joe K
(@joe-k)
Noble Member

It's just one off the many laws that baffle people !
But if you are a commercial & cant supply a "guia" you have problems,& likely a fine.
Many years back in the Algarve the GNR stopped a commercial ,he had a "guia" but it was held together with a paper clip, the law is, it had to be a staple !
250.00€ Fine - I kid you not!!!!

Graham O
(@graham-o)
Eminent Member

Thank you for all the information. I wasn't thinking so much about a trip to the supermarket, but carrying commercial items if I move the business out to Portugal with me. Will continue to investigate.

Graham

Old Bloke
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

There are probably a lot of people think this is a load of unnecessary bureaucracy. There'll probably be some people who belong in both groups

And yet nobody ever makes comment about the need for commercial vehicle operators in the UK needing to be in possession of a delivery note when carrying goods.

Joe K
(@joe-k)
Noble Member

There are probably a lot of people think this is a load of unnecessary bureaucracy. There'll probably be some people who belong in both groups

And yet nobody ever makes comment about the need for commercial vehicle operators in the UK needing to be in possession of a delivery note when carrying goods.

This was a question asked on a site based on PORTUGAL !!!
UK rules & reg's are NOT RELEVANT

Old Bloke
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

This was a question asked on a site based on PORTUGAL !!!
UK rules & reg's are NOT RELEVANT

And the question has been answered.

It is also a site that exchanges views and information. The information I provided was done so to indicate that PT is not alone in requiring drivers of commercial vehicles to have delivery notes.

P.S. If you look at the forum home page you will find a section titled "Non Portugal Stuff". That would indicate that discussion about non PT relevant things is not forbidden.

Page 2 / 5

You need to be a Paid User to create items and comment on this forum

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Over 6,000 members already registered on our forum
  • Post and reply to threads in the Forum (non-members can just view)
  • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
  • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners

Already a member? Log in here

Donate today to gain full accessOnly €20 per year
Share:

Booking.com

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online