Advice on Smaller Towns – Where to Live in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Advice on Smaller T...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Advice on Smaller Towns  

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
(@murali)

Hello, I am looking for a small to medium size Portugese town to relocate. I will be working as an acupuncturist and not retiring. Low housing cost, not super touristy, nice places to walk/hike. Could be north, south or central. Thank you!!

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Admin
(@gerry)
Estimable Member

Hi @murali and a very warm welcome to our community.

You might like to check out Tomar in Central Portugal. Nice small town with lots of history, plenty going on, not very touristy and not very expensive for housing.

Community Member
(@murali)

Thanks Gerry- a few people mentioned Tomar.  Is that area hilly/mountainous? I don't like flat topography.

VIP Member
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member

Hello Murali, If you are going to work, I guess you will need a fair number of people to use your services. I live near Viseu, in Central Portugal, the views across the valleys to the mountains are fabulous. Viseu is often voted the best town to live in, in Portugal.If you need more info just ask. Have a look at

Admin
(@gerry)
Estimable Member

@murali

Hello again Murali. In answer to your question about Tomar, the surrounding area is very hilly although the town itself is quite comfortable for walking around. Regards

Page 1 / 2

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online