Researching places to live in Portugal. – Where to Live in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Researching places to live in Portugal.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@laure2021)

Hi everyone,

My husband and I, ages 69 and 71, are seriously considering moving to Portugal. I'm a writer and he is a psychotherapist. In 2016, we spent 2 weeks in Lisbon, with day trips, and fell in love with the people and culture. A friend who lives near Lisbon has recommended Guimaraes and Braga. Are any of you familiar with these two cities? 

3 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

Hi, I have visited Guimarães and really liked it. It was the birthplace of the first king of Portugal and is home to the Dukes Palace which is worth a visit. The architectural style is a little different from Central and Southern Portugal as you can see in this photo. There is a cable car to the Penha park which is a hilltop park with lots of rocks and caves, great views and lots of place for picnics. The town itself had lots of nice cafes and restaurants and was small enough to walk everywhere.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@laure2021)

Hi Pam,

Thanks so much for your reply and for the lovely pix 🙂 

Best,

Lora

1 Reply
Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

@laure2021 you're welcome!

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online