The Expats Portugal Where To Live in Portugal Guide – Where to Live in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

[Sticky] The Expats Portugal Where To Live in Portugal Guide

Admin
Topic starter
(@astridff)

Expats Portugal is compiling the ultimate "Where to Live in Portugal Guide" and our members are welcome to contribute. Whether you are already living in Portugal or planning to move here, we have two simple surveys designed depending on where you are. Please select the survey that is best for you below if you would like to contribute. Thanks in advance.

I am planning to move to Portugal and want to contribute

I am already living in Portugal and happy to share my knowledge

10 Replies

Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)
Trusted Member

Done 👍

Admin
Topic starter
(@astridff)

So thrilled... over 200 responses so far. Keep 'em coming.

Ness
Community Member
(@ness)
Eminent Member

We are seriously considering a historic house in Faro.  We have been to Portugal many times but can hardly call ourselves experts.  We are concerned that we are moving too fast, at the same time we have found a location and a house that we love that is slightly over budget but ticks  many boxes.  We previously lived in Spain for 20 years in a rustic country house which required alot of attention.  Age and or priorities have dramatically changed.  Comments welcome....

7 Replies
Admin
(@thomasribatejo)

Reputable Member

@ness the historic centre of Faro has some wonderful properties, and it's been overlooked and undervalued in relative terms for some time.  Sounds like it could be a worthwhile move - hope it all goes well!

Thomas

Discover the beautiful Ribatejo!
facebook.com/groups/ribatejoliving

Need help with planning, surveys and restoration?  Contact us!
reabilitejo.pt or facebook.com/reabilitejo

Ness
Community Member
(@ness)

Eminent Member

@thomasribatejo Thanks for your reply.  Heartening and I agree as we now live in the historic centre of Faro which we find incredibly convenient and very Portuguese.

Admin
(@thomasribatejo)

Reputable Member

@ness I'm delighted to hear that 😀 I remember looking longingly at some lovely places very near the Cathedral, +/- 8 years ago, but not having the money or chance to move, at that time.  So glad you've made it there!

Community Member
(@sonia)

Trusted Member

@ness

Hello neighbor. I also live in Faro, near the Alameda Garden. Did you buy a renovated house or are you renovating?

If I may ask what made you chose Faro? It is not a city chosen by many expats.

If I can be of any assistance to you let me know.

Ness
Community Member
(@ness)

Eminent Member

@sonia we live in an apartment not far from you. We moved from an old renovated cortijo in Spain to Faro last year. It was mid pandemic and we felt it ticked lots of boxes at the time. We were down sizing and wanted a lock up and go. Everywhere else in the Algarve felt less Portuguese. Would love to meet up for a chat if you have time? 😀 

Community Member
(@sonia)

Trusted Member

@ness

Sure, we can set something up, I work until 6 pm, but if you want we can meet after dinner or in the weekend during the day. I’ll send you my email by private message.

Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Estimable Member

@ness hi, I know what you mean about moving too fast. Through a bit of serendipity a house has come up that I seem to be finding myself buying, I am not sure if I am sleepwalking. I have decided life is short and to just go with it, I hope you do too.

Faro is an interesting place and of course so central for everything, particularly transport. I dislike that it is flat; I always like to have hills around me, which is one reason I wouldn’t choose it, these things are so individual. I think it would make a really good base and it has a good feel of things going on there, I think having the university brings in young people, too.

I think I said somewhere else, a financier told me Faro is up and coming, so it would also be a good investment perhaps. Good luck!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online