Premier of Gilda Pereira of Ei! on Migration Tuesday 11-10-2022 – YouTube Content Discussions – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Premier of Gilda Pereira of Ei! on Migration Tuesday 11-10-2022

11 Posts
5 Users
9 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@jonesdn2020)

YouTube Video is here.

The description chapters should be added in the next day. Gilda covered a multitude of migration questions. We will update this post soon! It was so much fun to spend an evening with Gilda! Expats Portugal Premium members receive a 10% discount on all services. You can upgrade here.

You can find Gilda in our business directory here:

Ei! Assessoria Migratória | Expats Portugal

Casa Portuguesa | Expats Portugal

10 Replies
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@jonesdn2020)

The chapters have been added and there are quite a few.

* CHAPTERS *

0:00 Video intro

2:58 Ei! overview on Expats Portugal Business Directory

4:07 Introduction to Gilda Pereira

6:46 Do you have migration updates?

10:10 Which Consulate offices are closed?

14:42 Any updates on Job Seekers visa?

16:42 Can you talk about driving for over 65-year-olds?

18:59 How do I get a NIF?

21:08 Will the Digital Nomad visa have the option for long term residency and citizenship like the D7?

24:30 Can you clarify time in country?

31:00 What is the Expats Portugal new live stream schedule?

31:34 Does an email from VFS assure visa will be issued?

35:22 What are the Digital Nomad visa requirements?

40:08 Why does SEF require birth certificates to be repeatedly apostilled?

42:28 Do I need to stay with the same job on a Job Seekers visa?

44:28 Can I make a VFS appointment for the Digital Nomad visa?

44:43 What are the income requirements for the Digital Nomad visa?

45:20 When will SEP open appointments for those in the “manifestação de interesse? 46:24 When will SEF open appointments for highly qualified profession?

50:39 What is the EU citizen resident permit time in country requirements?

51:01 What are the Digital Nomad family income requirements and reunification process?

52:51 Can I change my SEF appointment in case of emergency?

53:48 What paperwork is required for adult children?

55:45 Can Ei! assist with Digital Nomad visas?

56:16 Is dividend income eligible for D7 as passive income or Digital Nomad visas? 58:30 Can remote workers choose between D7 or Digital Nomad visa?

59:50 Do I need parent permission to move a child to Portugal?

1 Reply
 Anonymous 8814
(@Anonymous 8814)

@jonesdn2020 This type of post is great. Love the timemark / subject. Super cool and efficient. Obrigado!

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@jonesdn2020)

Now the Portugal Daily News is passing on this digital nomad income statement here.

"To be eligible, digital nomads must prove that they receive at least €2,820 a month, four times the current value of the national minimum wage, which is €705 (and which should rise to €760 in 2023)."

Is it too much work for journalists to investigate the law and site it?

7 Replies
VIP Member
(@x-camone)

@jonesdn2020 Well, this is the relevant paragraph in the law :

c) Comprovativo de rendimentos médios mensais auferidos no exercício de atividade profissional subordinada ou independente nos últimos três meses de valor mínimo equivalente a quatro remunerações mínimas mensais garantidas

and I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think the journalists have got it right.

Average monthly income aquired from exercising professional activity over the past 3 months equivalent to 4 times the national minimum wage does mean the measure is per month, to me, although obviously you could meet it with irregular amounts during those 3 months.

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@x-camone

It would be nice if the law actually was direct in the requirements. I agree you may be correct. Each time I read the law I second guess myself.

@old-bloke mentioned:

Decreto Regulamentar 4/2022

Artigo 31.º-A

We just have members trying to get in line for this visa and several requirements have not been vetted as you would expect when trying to apply.

VIP Member
(@antonio_f)

@jonesdn2020 As usual, portuguese law is ocasionally ambiguous/badly written...

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@antonio_f I am finding it on par with US law. I believe the lawyers that write them want them to be ambiguous enough to support their careers😂

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

@jonesdn2020 I know you're only joking but I guess it's quite difficult to write concise legalese in a manner that leaves absolutely nothing open to interpretation to whatever audience happens upon it. I'm sure to the legal profession, that particular instance doesn't leave any room for interpretation and I expect (at least some) journalists were briefed accordingly.

In order for it to mean the total of 3 months' income should be equivalent to at least 4 months' worth of national minumum salary, it would have had to make reference to "the sum of", which it doesn't. It just says the average per month over the 3 months should be equivalent to 4 x the monthly national minimum. 

Premium Club Member
(@blaze451)

@x-camone hmmm, to me it reads as 4 times over 3 months not each month. Otherwise why would they just not have said 4 times each month for 3 months. The way it is written suggests they did it that way rather than saying the required each month for 3 months is 1.33 the average salary, it is neater to state it as 4 times over 3 months.

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

@blaze451 Because they are recognising that the income may be irregular in amount, hence the reason for taking the 3 month average.

But the average (a single figure) is what they're asking to be compared to the 4 x national minimum per month. If it had been meant to be the sum, the word "average" would be totally redundant.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

FREE
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Register for events

Club Member

Ideal for those already living in Portugal or researching
67 per year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Guaranteed entry to our weekly webinars
  • Access to our Migration Tuesdays Dream Team weekly webinar
  • Receive community support
  • And help us grow this website and community

Premium Club Member

Perfect for those serious about making the move
137 per year
  • All Club Member benefits plus...
  • 3 months FREE access to DailyNata Plus Portuguese language platform
  • 1 hour private online consultation with a member of our team
  • Access to our “little black book” of contacts and recommendations
  • Hundreds of €s in Savings & Benefits from our partners