- This event has passed.
Importing vehicles to Portugal
May 18 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm WEST
Vehicles from within the EU & worldwide – benefits, processes & costs
Although Portugal is known for its relatively low cost of living, vehicle prices are fairly high. For this reason, you may be considering importing your own vehicle, buying from another country or simply if you wish to have a particular model that isn’t available in Portugal, but what are the costs and would it be beneficial in your case?
Our relocation experts from Global International Relocation will be bringing us the latest information and answering your questions and concerns regarding importing vehicles to Portugal from within the EU and worldwide.
We will be looking at some of the benefits, processes & costs, including:
- Is it worth bringing your vehicle to Portugal?
– The requirements for tax exemption and how to apply
– Taxes and duties, how to calculate how much you’ll have to pay if you are not eligible for tax exemption
• If your vehicle is in Portugal, how do you proceed?
– Obtaining the DAV: what is the DAV and why should it be obtained as soon as possible
• What documents do you need to legalise the vehicle?
– What is the COC
– What is the vehicle import certificate
– What is the registration certificate
• The steps involved during vehicle legalisation.
– Vehicle registration
• Tips for legalising your vehicle in Portugal.
• European vehicles vs non-European vehicles.
Supporting the mobility of expatriates, diplomats, military personnel and their families, Global International Relocation has already helped over 11,000 start their new life abroad or return home. They are the most certified company operating in this sector in Portugal and the first Portuguese company among a few around the world to obtain the FIDI FAIM PLUS certificate, the highest-graded international certificate. As one of our official partners, we are pleased to have negotiated a 5% discount for our Premium Members!
Due to the popularity of these events and to ensure there is enough time for everyone’s questions, Premium & Plus Members will receive priority RSVP.
Check your RSVP options:
- If you are a Premium or Plus Member, please select “Secured Seat”. You have a guaranteed spot in all our webinars.
- If you a not a Premium or Plus Member, please select “Waiting List”. Our team will contact you on the day or day before the event with the remaining seat numbers.
- If you are interested but unable to attend – select the “Email Info” option. We will email you as soon as the webinar has been uploaded. Not all is recorded, to get the most from our webinars, join us live when possible.
We upload a recording of our webinars on our YouTube Channel. Please subscribe here:
- Only 1 ticket required per household.
- The event will be held via Zoom (either on the Zoom app or directly in your browser on ExpatsPortugal.com).
- You will be visible to other participants in this Zoom meeting, please adjust your name, microphone and camera settings as desired. A part of this meeting will be recorded and may be uploaded or streamed live on our social networks – you will see a recording icon when this is in progress.
- Add this date to your diary double-checking your local time zone (including daylight savings differences). Lisbon’s time zone is GMT+1.
- Only RSVP if you are serious about attending as places are limited. Thank you.
If you definitely want to be part of this and future exclusive webinars, you can upgrade to a Premium or Plus Member to get this and many other Expats Portugal benefits.
If you encounter any problems RSVPing, check you are signed into your account.
Please also check your spam folder and add us to your contacts.
If you require further assistance, we’re here to help.