- This event has passed.
Moving your personal belongings to Portugal
July 21 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm WESTFree
What you need to consider
Moving is stressful, even if it’s just down the road! Moving hundreds of miles across borders, to 1000s of miles across continents is incredibly exciting, but unfortunately, it also comes with a minefield of regulations, paperwork and logistics.
We are fortunate to have shipping specialists Global International Relocation with us to offer their expertise on this important matter and answer your questions about moving your personal belongings to Portugal from locations worldwide.
Some of the points we will be looking at include:
– Rules regarding import duty and taxes in Portugal.
– How to save and reduce costs when shipping.
– Transportation by airfreight, sea freight and trucking of household effects, vehicles, fine arts, and unaccompanied or accompanied pets.
– Is it important if your moving company is based in Portugal?
– What items should you insure?
– And who can you call if something goes awry!?
Supporting the mobility of expatriates, diplomats, military personnel and their families, Global International Relocation have already helped over 11,000 start their new life abroad or return home. They are the most certified company operating in this sector in Portugal and the first Portuguese company from few around the world to obtain the FIDI FAIM PLUS certificate, the highest graded international certificate.
RSVP to join in live with the webinar via Zoom – be the first to see our videos, including extra content and get your questions answered by experts in the field.
Due to the popularity of these events and to ensure there is enough time for everyone in the live webinar to have their personal questions answered, Premium Members will receive priority RSVP.
For this reason, there are two RSVP options:
- If you are a Premium Member, you can simply secure your seat by clicking your RSVP option. You have secured your seat in the live webinar and can ask questions and get involved in the conversation.
- If you a not a Premium Member, you will be put on the WAITING LIST by clicking your RSVP option. If there are seats remaining prior to the webinar, we will email you and the first members to respond will secure the remaining seats. The waiting list will be limited to 50 people.
If you miss out, don’t worry, we will be posting a recording of the webinar on our YouTube Channel the following day. Please subscribe here:
- Only 1 ticket required per household.
- The event will be held via Zoom (either on the Zoom app or directly in your browser on ExpatsPortugal.com).
- The meeting web address will be emailed to you prior.
- There will be the ability to ask questions during the session so please be prepared if there is something, in particular, you would like to know.
- Add this date to your diary double-checking your local time zone (including daylight savings differences). Lisbon’s time zone is GMT+1.
- You will be visible to other participants in this Zoom meeting, please adjust your name, microphone and camera settings as desired. A part of this meeting will be recorded and may be uploaded or streamed live on our social networks – you will see a recording icon when this is in progress.
- Only RSVP if you are serious about attending as places are limited. Thank you.
If you definitely want to be part of this and future exclusive webinars, you can upgrade to a Premium Member to get this and many other Expats Portugal Premium Member benefits.