What’s on in Portugal?
The Expats Portugal What’s On calendar is now live. Browse by List View, Month View or Map View to see what is on close to you.
Got an in person or online event you would like to promote? Premium Members can easily submit their events for publication on the calendar.
Portuguese Language Tips with Mia
September 23 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm WESTFree
10 key phrases you need to know to be arrival ready
The Expats Portugal team invites you to join us as we focus on getting to grips with the Portuguese language with some key phrases.
You will find the majority of courses and resources for learning Portuguese are in Brazilian Portuguese and although it has similarities, there are a number of differences to European Portuguese. We are pleased to have Mia Esmeriz joining us from her online academy that teaches European Portuguese to students worldwide.
If you are a viewer of Good Morning Portugal, you may already know Mia from her appearances on the show. Mia is a qualified Portuguese teacher with more than 10 years of experience and is the preferred Portuguese teacher of many members of our community.
The Portuguese have a flair for languages and overall there is a very good standard of English, especially in in touristic areas. This can help English speakers settle here more easily, however having some key phrases up your sleeve shows you are keen to make the effort, which often goes a long way and can truly help you to integrate. Mia will be taking us through some essential phrases for those of you preparing for your arrival in Portugal and help you to get off on the right foot with the locals.
With the right method, learning a new language is fun and a great mental workout, it can also be a lengthy process so it is always best to start as soon as possible! Join us to start or to continue learning European Portuguese.
Please RSVP below – be the first to see this content, meet other community members and have your questions answered by Mia. After the main presentation the recording for YouTube stops, but the fun continues. Come join in with us live!
Due to the popularity of these events and to ensure there is enough time for everyone in the live webinar to have their personal questions answered, Premium Members will receive priority RSVP.
For this reason, there are two RSVP options:
- If you are a Premium Member, you can simply secure your seat by clicking your RSVP option. You have secured your seat in the live webinar and can ask questions and get involved in the conversation.
- If you a not a Premium Member, you will be put on the WAITING LIST by clicking your RSVP option. If there are seats remaining prior to the webinar, we will email you and the first members to respond will secure the remaining seats. The waiting list will be limited to 50 people.
If you miss out, don’t worry, we will be posting a recording of the webinar on our YouTube Channel the following day. Please subscribe here:
- Only 1 ticket required per household.
- The event will be held via Zoom (either on the Zoom app or directly in your browser on ExpatsPortugal.com).
- The meeting web address will be emailed to you prior.
- There will be the ability to ask questions during the session so please be prepared if there is something, in particular, you would like to know.
- Add this date to your diary double-checking your local time zone (including daylight savings differences). Lisbon’s time zone is GMT+1.
- You will be visible to other participants in this Zoom meeting, please adjust your name, microphone and camera settings as desired. A part of this meeting will be recorded and may be uploaded or streamed live on our social networks – you will see a recording icon when this is in progress.
- Only RSVP if you are serious about attending as places are limited. Thank you.
If you definitely want to be part of this and future exclusive webinars, you can upgrade to a Premium Member to get this and many other Expats Portugal Premium Member benefits.