- This event has passed.
Maximizing Value: Currency & Money Transfer Tactics for Portugal
November 23 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm WET
Maximise the security & value of your money transfers
With so many banking apps and platforms available, transferring your money can be done at the click of a button. Even for those most prepared, it’s often one of the last things on the list because it’s instant, right? Well, getting the best rate and ensuring the money will arrive at its destination on time isn’t always as easy as you may think, and missing out on securing a property or repercussions for late payment can be heavier than any financial loss.
Another aspect to be aware of is how quickly small costs accumulate. You may be making several smaller payments for things like opening a bank account and getting your NIF (Portuguese tax number) to larger payouts for a deposit and first month’s rent or buying a car. Whatever the purpose, spending thousands, if not tens of thousands, is very easily done, and therefore the transfer fees and unfavourable exchange rates can really add up too.
This is an area that is so often overlooked, so we are delighted to be hosting currency specialists Spartan FX to share their 50 years of industry experience. Including:
- The latest currency updates and what market influences to watch out for
- Money compliances – for large sums or when several smaller transfers are made
- Bureaucracy that can block or delay your transfers
- Maximizing value & tactics for sending or receiving regular payments, such as your salary, pension, mortgage payments etc
- The “free” currency transfer fees that can actually cost more
- Reducing the risks associated with international money transfers
- Which countries have tighter controls for sending and receiving money?
- Real-life examples, learn from the mistakes of others
- Q&A – your chance to ask your personal questions to an expert in the field
Remember that small shifts in the market may not seem significant, but when considering larger amounts, even the slightest movement in the exchange rates equates to thousands of euros, so do not miss this information no matter what stage of moving or planning you’re in or if you already reside in Portugal.
Get essential information directly from experts to help you with your journey to or in Portugal and meet other community members. Join us for another fun, friendly, and informative webinar!
If you cannot attend, do not miss out on this information. Select the RSVP option “Not Attending” and be among the first to watch the replay. However, please note that not all is recorded. Get the most from our interactive events by joining us live when possible.
Due to the popularity of these events and to ensure there is enough time for everyone’s questions, Premium & Plus Members will receive priority RSVP.
Check your RSVP options:
- If you are a Premium or Plus Member, please select “Secured Seat”. You have a guaranteed spot in all our webinars.
- If you are not a Premium or Plus Member, please select “Waiting List”. Our team will contact you on the day or the day before the event with the remaining seat numbers.
- If you are interested but unable to attend – select the “Not Attending” option. We will email you as soon as the webinar has been uploaded. Not all is recorded; to get the most from our webinars, join us live when possible.
We also upload webinars to our YouTube Channel – To receive notifications via your YouTube account, toggle the bell icon to select all notifications so you can be updated when we upload a new video or go live.
- Only 1 ticket is required per household.
- The event will be held via Zoom (either on the Zoom app or directly in your browser on ExpatsPortugal.com).
- You will be visible to other participants in this Zoom meeting; please adjust your name, microphone, and camera settings as desired. A part of this meeting will be recorded and may be uploaded or streamed live on our social networks – you will see a recording icon when this is in progress.
- Add this date to your diary, double-checking your local time zone (including daylight savings differences). Lisbon’s time zone is GMT+1.
- Only RSVP if you are serious about attending as places are limited. Thank you.
If you definitely want to be part of this and future exclusive webinars, you can upgrade to a Premium or Plus Member to get this and many other Expats Portugal benefits.
If you encounter any problems RSVPing, check you are signed into your account.
Please also check your spam folder and add us to your contacts.
If you require further assistance, we’re here to help.